10 a.m. with the last tour beginning at 4 p.m. – Monday through Saturday
1 p.m. with the last tour beginning at 4 p.m. – Sunday
A guided tour taking approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
Visit the garden and museum shop on your own.
Dates the Davenport House closed at 1 p.m.:
Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
Dates the Davenport House is closed:
New Year’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day
The museum is also closed the second or third full week of January for annual cleaning. Consult “DH Calendar” for updates. Read more.
$9 adults, $5 children 6 to 17, children under 6 years free
For additional information about options and discounts see the sidebar to the right.
Museum contact information:
Davenport House Museum
324 E. State Street
Savannah, GA 31401
The museum is at the corner of East State and Habersham Streets in Savannah, GA. It is located on Columbia Square in Savannah’s Historic Landmark District.
Parking is available at meters on the street at approximately $1.00 an hour. Parking in nearby garages is $1.00 per hour with a maximum daily rate of $10.
Length of Visit:
Plan on a 50 minute to 1 hour visit.
For the preservation of the house and collections, we ask that visitors:
- Refrain from touching museum objects or leaning on the wallpaper and woodwork.
- Refrain from eating and drinking in the exhibit area.
- Refrain from taking photographs in the exhibit area. Photos may be taken outside the building in the museum’s garden. Post cards are available for purchase of museum interiors and this website contains some interior photos.
- Refrain from using a cell phone while on tour. Patrons are asked to turn their phones to vibrate or turn them off completely.
- Refrain from wandering away from your group. Everyone in the group must stay together.
- Service animals are the only pets allowed through the Museum.