Originally built in 1890, the Kennedy Pharmacy, located directly behind the Davenport House on the corner of Broughton and Habersham Streets, was rehabilitated with the assistance of Savannah College of Art and Design’s Historic Preservation department in 2009.
It offers a 900 sq. ft. indoor space and a small, gated courtyard. The interior features original marble tile and hardwood flooring, adjustable lighting, and a drop down screen for visual presentations. It is also wired for audio and there is a small kitchen area equipped with a dormitory size refrigerator, microwave and sink. It’s location within the Landmark Historic District and proximity to downtown businesses make it an ideal location for meetings, seminars and social events. Seating capacity varies from 50 for dinner style settings to 80 for theater style arrangements. For sample seating layouts, see below.
Event and program planners may wish to utilize both the Davenport House garden and the Kennedy Pharmacy.
For more details and pricing information, see the documents referenced below.