- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
Davenport House volunteers are essential to the daily operation of the site. Whether your interests are gardening, history, research, social or retail, Davenport House needs you!
The Junior Interpreter Program is open to coastal Georgia youth ages 14 to 18 years who wish to learn about the historic site, the principals of historic interpretation and customer service.
Each summer the Davenport House posts an Historic Preservation Intern to assist with the Museums annually maintenance review and collections inventory.
Please Support the DH!
1. Free admission to the Davenport House for up to 5 people
2. 20% discount in the Davenport House Museum Shop
3. Bi-annual members’ newsletter
4. Acknowledgement of your stewardship in museum publications
5. Invitations to social events and programs
6. The knowledge that you are supporting the Davenport House Museum, the catalyst for the organized preservation movement in Savannah and a first-rate house museum
The DH boasts of over 55 active adult volunteers and 35 Junior Interpreters, who are teenage volunteers. Advising the staff is the Davenport House Committee. The governing body of the Davenport House is the Historic Savannah Foundation Board of Directors which is also a community-based, volunteer organization.
Monday – Saturday | 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sunday | 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
The last tour begins daily at 4 p.m.
The Davenport House Museum is closed on the following holidays:
Christmas Eve and Day
New Year’s Eve and Day
St. Patrick’s Day